Sunday, December 7, 2008

Four out of Ten

Dear Cactus Rose Authors and Editors:
This is not exactly a blog, and it's not my day, but I really want to point this out. I started to post it on numerous blogs and Yahoo! sites to "brag," but then I thought, that's not how my mama taught me. She always said, "Don't brag on yourself, honey, it's not becoming." Well, dang. I want to. Just once? Okay? Amongst ourselves?

On the Wild Rose Press home page on the Month's Best Seller's List, four out of ten are---ta-da!--Cactus Rose stories. Now, this is monumental to me, because I don't know how many times I heard and read and was told--the Western Historical is dead. Not the Regency Historical, those are still going great guns, but the Western? Probably as dead as a doornail. But I am, as I have been told, as stubborn as a mule. Western Historical or none.

My new release a couple of weeks ago first appeared at Number Three. I can tell you, I jumped up and down and called my husband--Look! Look, I debuted at Number 3! He, of course, hugged me, congratulated me, and walked from the room shaking his head. ("What has gotten into my sweet, settled wife? She's gone ballistic.") The next couple of days, I was at Number One. Yeah!

Here's the best part. Today, mine, ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS is at Number 4. Kathy Otten's A CHRISTMAS SMILE is at Number 6. Linda LaRoque's A LAW OF HER OWN is at Number 9, and Lauri Robinson's A WIFE FOR BIG JOHN is at Number 10.

So, is this okay? That I bragged about us? Listen, y'all, I'll celebrate any success any of us receive. One for all, and all for one.
Celia Yeary


6 comments:

Cheryl said...

CELIA!!!
What a nice post! I agree, all for one and one for all. Western historical romance is NOT dead. I know a lot of people who really enjoy reading it. Congratulations to all my fellow "Cactus Roses" who are enjoying such sweet success. Thanks for calling it to our attention, Celia!
Cheryl

Paty Jager said...

Thanks for shouting it out, Celia! Yes, we are on an upswing for historical westerns- anyway that is what we need to belief and keep writing what the readers ask for.

Paty Jager said...

Sorry that's believe! Shesh~

Lauri said...

Hey Celia! Congrats on the sales! Yahoo!!

Western historicals have never been dead in my world, but then again I still want to grow up and marry Little Joe Cartwright!

Cheers,
Lauri

Tanya Hanson said...

Congratulations to all you lovely and talented authors!

Best wishes to all of you!

Linda LaRoque said...

Awesome, Celia, and thank you for including us all in your brag.

Your comment is so true. We hear that Westerns are dead but even editors are wanting them. Just goes to show....

Linda
www.lindalaroque.com